2012/01/28: New Look, New Functionality!
Well, once again you're looking at a new website, and I have replaced the old junky "forums" with one that actually works! Along with that, I changed the look of the website and upgraded the 'engine' that runs it. My hope is that with the new Forum, we'll get more activity, questions, comments and exchanges of ideas.
While I was able to look at the import of the users from the old website, I noticed that a few of the required pieces of information were missing for quite a few of our members. I would ask that you go in and double check your profiles, and make sure your information is up to date so that we can include you in the drawing for 2 free copies of Family Tree Maker 2012 (Platinum Edition)!
If you don't yet have an account, you can "Create an account" and fill out the form, submit it and an email will be sent to have you verify your account (its a security thing :o) ).
What to do (for existing members):
- Log in by going to the "Login" button on the top menu. From there you can enter your User Name and Password. If you have any trouble, you can click on "Forgot your password?" or "Forgot your username" for assistance.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you'll see a welcome page. On the right of the page is a "Member Menu" where you can "Edit User Profile" or simply view your "User Profile".
- Please make certain you double check your email address for correctness as I have been receiving failures for a handful of our members. Also please fill in the required (*) information. We're trying to collect demographic info so we can see just how many places our members represent!
- When you're done checking your info - Click on the "Forum" button and take a look around.You'll see some tabs at the top, and the highlighted one is "Recent Topics" - which will give you the new topics since your last visit. To navigate, click on the "Index" button.
- If you'd like to personalize your profile, simply click on ythe "Profiel" button and you can edit your profile by clicking the  button on the top blue bar. You can also add your social addresses for facebook, etc., and you can update your avatar.